Jump to Main Content
- Richter, Robert; Gabriel, Doreen; Rist, Florian; Töpfer, Reinhard; Zyprian, Eva
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2019 v.132 no.4 pp. 1159-1177
- genetic analysis, etc ; Vitis vinifera; breeding; confidence interval; genes; genetic markers; genomics; genotype; grapes; nucleotide sequences; phenotype; quantitative trait loci; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Loose cluster architecture is an important aim in grapevine breeding since it has high impact on the phytosanitary status of grapes. This investigation analyzed the contributions of individual cluster sub-traits to the overall trait of cluster architecture. Six sub-traits showed large impact on cluster architecture as major determinants. They explained 57% of the OIV204 descriptor for cluster comp ...
- Thorwarth, Patrick; Liu, Guozheng; Ebmeyer, Erhard; Schacht, Johannes; Schachschneider, Ralf; Kazman, Ebrahim; Reif, Jochen Christoph; Würschum, Tobias; Longin, Carl Friedrich Horst
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2019 v.132 no.2 pp. 489-500
- genetic analysis, etc ; genes; genomics; grain protein; grain yield; hybrids; marker-assisted selection; metabolites; metabolomics; pleiotropy; prediction; protein content; quantitative trait loci; wheat; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... KEY MESSAGE: Additive and dominance effect QTL for grain yield and protein content display antagonistic pleiotropic effects, making genomic selection based on the index grain protein deviation a promising method to alleviate the negative correlation between these traits in wheat breeding. Grain yield and quality-related traits such as protein content and sedimentation volume are key traits in whea ...