Jump to Main Content
- Juliana, Philomin; Singh, RaviP.; Singh, PawanK.; Poland, JesseA.; Bergstrom, GaryC.; Huerta-Espino, Julio; Bhavani, Sridhar; Crossa, Jose; Sorrells, MarkE.
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2018 v.131 no.7 pp. 1405-1422
- Triticum aestivum; breeding; chromosome mapping; chromosomes; corn; disease resistance; genome-wide association study; genotyping by sequencing; leaf rust; linear models; mature plants; phosphotransferases (kinases); resistance genes; screening; seedlings; stripe rust; wheat
- ... KEY MESSAGE: Genome-wide association mapping in conjunction with population sequencing map and Ensembl plants was used to identify markers/candidate genes linked to leaf rust, stripe rust and tan spot resistance in wheat. Leaf rust (LR), stripe rust (YR) and tan spot (TS) are some of the important foliar diseases in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). To identify candidate resistance genes for these dis ...
- PubMed Central:
- Hindu, Vemuri; Palacios-Rojas, Natalia; Babu, Raman; Suwarno, WillyB.; Rashid, Zerka; Usha, Rayalcheruvu; Saykhedkar, GajananR; Nair, SudhaK.
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2018 v.131 no.7 pp. 1443-1457
- Zea mays; biofortification; breeding; breeding programs; chromosome mapping; corn; doubled haploids; genes; genome-wide association study; genomics; genotyping by sequencing; heritability; inbred lines; iron; malnutrition; phenotype; quantitative trait loci; seeds; single nucleotide polymorphism; variance; zinc
- ... KEY MESSAGE: Genome-wide association study (GWAS) on 923 maize lines and validation in bi-parental populations identified significant genomic regions for kernel-Zinc and-Iron in maize. Bio-fortification of maize with elevated Zinc (Zn) and Iron (Fe) holds considerable promise for alleviating under-nutrition among the world’s poor. Bio-fortification through molecular breeding could be an economical ...
- PubMed Central: