Jump to Main Content
- Zhai, Huijie; Feng, Zhiyu; Du, Xiaofen; Song, Yane; Liu, Xinye; Qi, Zhongqi; Song, Long; Li, Jiang; Li, Linghong; Peng, Huiru; Hu, Zhaorong; Yao, Yingyin; Xin, Mingming; Xiao, Shihe; Sun, Qixin; Ni, Zhongfu
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2018 v.131 no.3 pp. 539-553
- isogenic lines, etc ; Triticum aestivum; alleles; chromosomes; cultivars; field experimentation; genomics; grain yield; inbred lines; morphometry; quantitative trait loci; wheat; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... KEY MESSAGE: A novel TaGW2-A1 allele was identified from a stable, robust QTL region, which is pleiotropic for thousand grain weight, grain number per spike, and grain morphometric parameters in wheat. Thousand grain weight (TGW) and grain number per spike (GNS) are two crucial determinants of wheat spike yield, and genetic dissection of their relationships can help to fine-tune these two componen ...
- PubMed Central:
- Habib, Ahsan; Powell, Jonathan J.; Stiller, Jiri; Liu, Miao; Shabala, Sergey; Zhou, Meixue; Gardiner, Donald M.; Liu, Chunji
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2018 v.131 no.3 pp. 613-624
- isogenic lines, etc ; Fusarium pseudograminearum; barley; crown rot; disease resistance; gene expression regulation; genes; genetic background; phenotype; quantitative trait loci; sequence analysis; single nucleotide polymorphism; transcriptomics; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... KEY MESSAGE: This study demonstrates how identification of genes underpinning disease-resistance QTL based on differential expression and SNPs can be improved by performing transcriptomic analysis on multiple near isogenic lines. Transcriptomic analysis has been widely used to understand the genetic basis of a trait of interest by comparing genotypes with contrasting phenotypes. However, these app ...