Jump to Main Content
- Huynh, Bao-Lam; Matthews, William C.; Ehlers, Jeffrey D.; Lucas, Mitchell R.; Santos, Jansen R. P.; Ndeve, Arsenio; Close, Timothy J.; Roberts, Philip A.
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2016 v.129 no.1 pp. 87-95
- marker-assisted selection, etc ; Meloidogyne; Vigna unguiculata; backcrossing; biotypes; cowpeas; genes; genotyping; inbred lines; linkage groups; loci; molecular cloning; plant breeding; quantitative trait loci; root-knot nematodes; single nucleotide polymorphism; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... KEY MESSAGE: Genome resolution of a major QTL associated with the Rk locus in cowpea for resistance to root-knot nematodes has significance for plant breeding programs and R gene characterization. Cowpea (Vigna unguiculata L. Walp.) is a susceptible host of root-knot nematodes (Meloidogyne spp.) (RKN), major plant-parasitic pests in global agriculture. To date, breeding for host resistance in cowp ...
- PubMed Central:
- Zhang, Jiaoping; Song, Qijian; Cregan, Perry B.; Jiang, Guo-Liang
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2016 v.129 no.1 pp. 117-130
- marker-assisted selection, etc ; Arabidopsis; Glycine max; crop yield; crops; genes; genetic improvement; genome-wide association study; germplasm; loci; oils; phenotypic variation; prediction; seed development; single nucleotide polymorphism; soybeans; statistical models; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... KEY MESSAGE : Twenty-two loci for soybean SW and candidate genes conditioning seed development were identified; and prediction accuracies of GS and MAS were estimated through cross-validation and validation with unrelated populations. Soybean (Glycine max) is a major crop for plant protein and oil production, and seed weight (SW) is important for yield and quality in food/vegetable uses of soybean ...
- PubMed Central: