Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Ki-Seung; Chirumamilla, Anitha; Hill, Curtis B.; Hartman, Glen L.; Diers, Brian W.
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2014 v.127 pp. 1251-1259
- antibiosis, etc ; Aphis glycines; Glycine max; biotypes; chromosome mapping; genes; genetic markers; loci; marker-assisted selection; soybeans; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merr.] continues to be plagued by the soybean aphid (Aphis glycines Matsumura: SA) in North America. New soybean resistance sources are needed to combat the four identified SA biotypes. The objectives of this study were to determine the inheritance of SA resistance in PI 587732 and to map resistance gene(s). For this study, 323 F2 and 214 F3 plants developed from crossing ...
- Crespo-Herrera, L. A.; Akhunov, E.; Garkava-Gustavsson, L.; Jordan, K. W.; Smith, C. M.; Singh, R. P.; Åhman, I.
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2014 v.127 no.9 pp. 1963-1973
- antibiosis, etc ; Rhopalosiphum padi; Schizaphis graminum; Triticum aestivum; breeding; chlorosis; chromosome mapping; cultivars; epistasis; genes; genotyping; greenhouses; hexaploidy; inbred lines; insects; leaves; loci; pests; phenotype; phenotypic variation; quantitative trait loci; screening; wheat; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... KEY MESSAGE: Identification of novel resistance QTL against wheat aphids. First QTL-resistance report for R. padi in wheat and chromosome 2DL for S. graminum . These sources have potential use in wheat breeding. The aphids Rhopalosiphum padi and Schizaphis graminum are important pests of common wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Characterization of the genetic bases of resistance sources is crucial to ...