Jump to Main Content
- Ricroch, A.; Peffley, E.B.; Baker, R.J.
- Theoretical and applied genetics 1992 v.83 no.4 pp. 413-418
- Allium fistulosum; ribosomal RNA; chromosomes; ribosomal DNA; Allium cepa; DNA probes; chromosome morphology; Helianthus argophyllus; genes; biotin; interspecific hybridization; nucleic acid hybridization; fluorescein; genetic markers
- ... A biotin- and fluorescein-labelled probe of Helianthus argophyllus has been used to map specific repeated rDNA sequences by in situ hybridization on mitotic chromosomes of Allium cepa, Allium fistulosum, a diploid interspecific (Allium fistulosum X Allium cepa) F1 hybrid, and a triploid interspecific (2 X = A. cepa, 1 X = A. fistulosum) shallot. Hybridization sites were restricted to satellited an ...
- Islam, A.K.M.R.; Shepherd, K.W.
- Theoretical and applied genetics 1992 v.83 no.4 pp. 489-494
- substitution lines; Hordeum vulgare; chromosomes; chromosome pairing; genes; Triticum aestivum; mutants; monosomics; isozymes; genetic markers; genetic recombination
- ... Sears' phlb mutant was used successfully for the first time to induce pairing and recombination between specific barley chromosomes and their wheat homoeologues. Pairing was induced in specially constructed genetic stocks having 19 pairs of wheat chromosomes and triply monosomic for either barley chromosome arm 6HL or 3HL, a related wheat chromosome, and chromosome 5B of wheat carrying the phlb mu ...