Jump to Main Content
- Mo, Youngjun; Vanzetti, Leonardo S.; Hale, Iago; Spagnolo, Emiliano J.; Guidobaldi, Fabio; Al-Oboudi, Jassim; Odle, Natalie; Pearce, Stephen; Helguera, Marcelo; Dubcovsky, Jorge
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2018 v.131 no.10 pp. 2021-2035
- spikelets, etc ; agronomic traits; alleles; biomass; centromeres; coleoptiles; dry environmental conditions; dwarfing; germ cells; grain yield; harvest index; heading; loci; lodging; plant height; pleiotropy; progeny testing; quantitative trait loci; seedling emergence; wheat; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... KEY MESSAGE: This study identified Rht25, a new plant height locus on wheat chromosome arm 6AS, and characterized its pleiotropic effects on important agronomic traits. Understanding genes regulating wheat plant height is important to optimize harvest index and maximize grain yield. In modern wheat varieties grown under high-input conditions, the gibberellin-insensitive semi-dwarfing alleles Rht-B ...
- Würschum, Tobias; Leiser, Willmar L.; Langer, Simon M.; Tucker, Matthew R.; Longin, C. Friedrich H.
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2018 v.131 no.10 pp. 2071-2084
- spikelets, etc ; breeding; chromosome mapping; cultivars; genetic analysis; genetic trend; genetic variation; genomics; grain yield; heritability; inheritance (genetics); loci; phenology; phenotype; prediction; quantitative trait loci; seed development; seeds; staple crops; winter wheat; yield components; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... KEY MESSAGE: Phenotypic and genetic analysis of six spike and kernel characteristics in wheat revealed geographic patterns as well as long-term trends arising from breeding progress, particularly in regard to spikelet fertility, i.e. the number of kernels per spikelet, a grain yield component that appears to underlie the increase in the number of kernels per spike. Wheat is a staple crop of global ...