Jump to Main Content
- Kato, Hiroshi, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2015 v.128 no.4 pp. 563-573
- Oryza sativa; alleles; amylopectin; amylose; cooking quality; cultivars; endosperm; epistasis; genetic background; genetic techniques and protocols; loci; messenger RNA; quantitative trait loci; rice; seeds
- ... KEY MESSAGE : This manuscript reports the fine mapping of a novel QTL, qAC2 controlling the low amylose in rice. The action mechanism of the qAC2 is also investigated by the analysis of genetic interactions to Wx ᵃ , Wx ᵇ , du1, du2 and du3. Amylose content of the rice (Oryza sativa L.) endosperm greatly affects starch properties and eating quality of cooked rice. Seeds of japonica rice cultivar K ...
- Kato, Hiroshi, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2010 v.120 no.6 pp. 1233-1240
- Oryza sativa; agronomic traits; chromosome mapping; chromosomes; crop production; crossing; genes; genetic markers; marker-assisted selection; microsatellite repeats; rice; tillering
- ... Tillering is one of the most important agronomic traits related to grain production in rice (Oryza sativa L.). A japonica-type variety, Aikawa 1, is known to have low-tiller number. The detailed location of a low-tillering gene, Ltn, which has been localized on chromosome 8 in Aikawa 1, was confirmed by molecular mapping. Using BC₅F₂ individuals derived from a cross between IR64 and Aikawa 1, the ...