Jump to Main Content
- Orford, Simon, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2014 v.127 no.8 pp. 1831-1842
- Triticum aestivum; alleles; breeding; cultivars; genetic variation; geographical distribution; germplasm; landraces; microsatellite repeats; population structure; wheat; Africa; Europe
- ... KEY MESSAGE: A high level of genetic diversity was found in the A. E. Watkins bread wheat landrace collection. Genotypic information was used to determine the population structure and to develop germplasm resources. In the 1930s A. E. Watkins acquired landrace cultivars of bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) from official channels of the board of Trade in London, many of which originated from local ...
- PubMed Central:
- Orford, Simon, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2009 v.119 no.3 pp. 383-395
- Triticum aestivum; chromosomes; crossing; early development; field experimentation; genes; genetic techniques and protocols; germplasm; haploidy; heading; microsatellite repeats; quantitative trait loci; winter wheat; France; Germany; United Kingdom
- ... Variation in ear emergence time is critical for the adaptation of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) to specific environments. The aim of this study was to identify genes controlling ear emergence time in elite European winter wheat germplasm. Four doubled haploid populations derived from the crosses: Avalon x Cadenza, Savannah x Rialto, Spark x Rialto, and Charger x Badger were selected which represent ...