Jump to Main Content
- Pretorius, Zacharias, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2018 v.131 no.10 pp. 2245-2266
- Puccinia graminis; barley; chromosomes; grain crops; mature plants; pathogens; quantitative trait loci; races; resistance genes; stem rust; virulence; Kenya; Minnesota
- ... Key message Major stem rust resistance QTLs proposed to be Rpg2 from Hietpas-5 and Rpg3 from GAW-79 were identified in chromosomes 2H and 5H, respectively, and will enhance the diversity of stem rust resistance in barley improvement programs. Stem rust is a devastating disease of cereal crops worldwide. In barley (Hordeum vulgare ssp. vulgare), the disease is caused by two pathogens: Puccinia gram ...
- Pretorius, Zacharias A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2014 v.127 no.8 pp. 1681-1688
- Puccinia graminis; alleles; allelism; crop production; cultivars; fungi; loci; pathogens; stem rust; virulence; wheat; South Africa
- ... KEY MESSAGE: Wheat stem rust resistance gene SrWeb is an allele at the Sr9 locus that confers resistance to Ug99. Race TTKSK (Ug99) of Puccinia graminis f. sp. tritici, the causal fungus of stem rust, threatens global wheat production because of its broad virulence to current wheat cultivars. A recently identified Ug99 resistance gene from cultivar Webster, temporarily designated as SrWeb, mapped ...