Jump to Main Content
- Xiao, Yonggui, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2016 v.129 no.5 pp. 1061-1070
- Triticum aestivum; alleles; biochemical pathways; breeding; carbohydrate content; chromosomes; cultivars; exons; fructans; genetic distance; genetic markers; inbred lines; quantitative trait loci; sequence analysis; single nucleotide polymorphism; stems; wheat; China
- ... KEY MESSAGE: We cloned TaSST genes, developed a gene-specific marker for TaSST - D1 , and identified three QTL in the Doumai/Shi 4185 RIL population. TaSST - D1 is within one of the three QTL. Sucrose:sucrose-1-fructosyltransferase (1-SST), a critical enzyme in the fructan biosynthetic pathway, is significantly and positively associated with water soluble carbohydrate (WSC) content in bread wheat ...
- Xiao, Yonggui, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2011 v.122 no.5 pp. 971-987
- Triticum aestivum; crossing; cultivars; dough; gliadin; gluten; hardness; inbred lines; loci; major genes; quantitative trait loci; variance; wheat; China
- ... One of the key targets of breeding programs in bread wheat is to improve the end-use quality. The relationships between quantities of protein fractions and dough rheological characters have been well established, but there is little information on the genetic control of quantities of protein fractions. Two hundred and forty F₆ recombinant inbred lines derived from a cross between two Chinese wheat ...