Jump to Main Content
- Hu, Zhaorong; Wang, Rui; Zheng, Mei; Liu, Xingbei; Meng, Fei; Wu, Hualing; Yao, Yingyin; Xin, Mingming; Peng, Huiru; Ni, Zhongfu; Sun, Qixin
- Theplant journal 2018 v.96 no.2 pp. 372-388
- 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase; 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid; Arabidopsis; Triticum aestivum; auxins; carboxylic acids; electrophoresis; ethylene; ethylene production; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genes; homozygosity; mutants; nutrient uptake; phenotype; promoter regions; roots; signal transduction; staple crops; transcription (genetics); transgenic plants; wheat
- ... Common wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) is an important staple food crop worldwide. Lateral roots (LRs), as the major component of root architecture, affect water and nutrient uptake in wheat. The phytohormone ethylene is known to affect LR formation; however, the factor(s) modulating ethylene during this process have not yet been elucidated in wheat. Here we identified wheat TaWRKY51 as a key factor ...
- Liu, Lingtong; Lu, Yunlong; Wei, Liqin; Yu, Hua; Cao, Yinghao; Li, Yan; Yang, Ning; Song, Yunyun; Liang, Chengzhi; Wang, Tai
- Theplant journal 2018 v.96 no.2 pp. 421-437
- fluorescence in situ hybridization; gene expression regulation; genes; haploidy; messenger RNA; metabolism; methylation; non-coding RNA; plant biology; spermatozoa; transcriptomics
- ... Sperm cell (SC) lineage development from the haploid microspore to SCs represents a unique biological process in which the microspore generates a larger vegetative cell (VC) and a smaller generative cell (GC) enclosed in the VC, then the GC further develops to functionally specified SCs in the VC for double fertilization. Understanding the mechanisms of SC lineage development remains a critical go ...