Jump to Main Content
- Pham, Vinh Ngoc; Kathare, Praveen Kumar; Huq, Enamul
- Theplant journal 2018 v.96 no.2 pp. 260-273
- Arabidopsis thaliana; basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors; environmental factors; etiolation; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genetic analysis; hypocotyls; light quality; phenotype; photomorphogenesis; proteasome endopeptidase complex; protein content; red light; seedlings; ubiquitin-protein ligase; ubiquitination
- ... Light signal provides the spatial and temporal information for plants to adapt to the prevailing environmental conditions. Alterations in light quality and quantity can trigger robust changes in global gene expression. In Arabidopsis thaliana, two groups of key factors regulating those changes in gene expression are CONSTITUTIVE PHOTOMORPHOGENESIS/DEETIOLATED/FUSCA (COP/DET/FUS) and a subset of ba ...
- PubMed Central:
- Hu, Zhaorong; Wang, Rui; Zheng, Mei; Liu, Xingbei; Meng, Fei; Wu, Hualing; Yao, Yingyin; Xin, Mingming; Peng, Huiru; Ni, Zhongfu; Sun, Qixin
- Theplant journal 2018 v.96 no.2 pp. 372-388
- 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase; 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid; Arabidopsis; Triticum aestivum; auxins; carboxylic acids; electrophoresis; ethylene; ethylene production; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genes; homozygosity; mutants; nutrient uptake; phenotype; promoter regions; roots; signal transduction; staple crops; transcription (genetics); transgenic plants; wheat
- ... Common wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) is an important staple food crop worldwide. Lateral roots (LRs), as the major component of root architecture, affect water and nutrient uptake in wheat. The phytohormone ethylene is known to affect LR formation; however, the factor(s) modulating ethylene during this process have not yet been elucidated in wheat. Here we identified wheat TaWRKY51 as a key factor ...