Jump to Main Content
- Shammai, Arik; Petreikov, Marina; Yeselson, Yelena; Faigenboim, Adi; Moy‐Komemi, Michal; Cohen, Shahar; Cohen, Dvir; Besaulov, Eduard; Efrati, Ari; Houminer, Naomi; Bar, Moshe; Ast, Tslil; Schuldiner, Maya; Klemens, P.A.W.; Neuhaus, Ekkehard; Baxter, Charles J.; Rickett, Dan; Bonnet, Julien; White, Ruth; Giovannoni, James J.; Levin, Ilan; Schaffer, Arthur
- Theplant journal 2018 v.96 no.2 pp. 343-357
- Solanum habrochaites; Solanum lycopersicum; alleles; fructose; fruits; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genetic variation; glucose; hexoses; hydrolysis; monosaccharide transport proteins; plasma membrane; protein sweeteners; ripening; sucrose; sugar content; taste; tomatoes; transgenic plants; yeasts
- ... The sugar content of Solanum lycopersicum (tomato) fruit is a primary determinant of taste and quality. Cultivated tomato fruit are characterized by near‐equimolar levels of the hexoses glucose and fructose, derived from the hydrolysis of translocated sucrose. As fructose is perceived as approximately twice as sweet as glucose, increasing its concentration at the expense of glucose can improve tom ...
- Hu, Zhaorong; Wang, Rui; Zheng, Mei; Liu, Xingbei; Meng, Fei; Wu, Hualing; Yao, Yingyin; Xin, Mingming; Peng, Huiru; Ni, Zhongfu; Sun, Qixin
- Theplant journal 2018 v.96 no.2 pp. 372-388
- 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase; 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid; Arabidopsis; Triticum aestivum; auxins; carboxylic acids; electrophoresis; ethylene; ethylene production; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genes; homozygosity; mutants; nutrient uptake; phenotype; promoter regions; roots; signal transduction; staple crops; transcription (genetics); transgenic plants; wheat
- ... Common wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) is an important staple food crop worldwide. Lateral roots (LRs), as the major component of root architecture, affect water and nutrient uptake in wheat. The phytohormone ethylene is known to affect LR formation; however, the factor(s) modulating ethylene during this process have not yet been elucidated in wheat. Here we identified wheat TaWRKY51 as a key factor ...