Jump to Main Content
- Gattolin, Stefano; Cirilli, Marco; Pacheco, Igor; Ciacciulli, Angelo; Da Silva Linge, Cássia; Mauroux, Jehan‐Baptiste; Lambert, Patrick; Cammarata, Elia; Bassi, Daniele; Pascal, Thierry; Rossini, Laura
- Theplant journal 2018 v.96 no.2 pp. 358-371
- Arabidopsis; Prunus persica; Rosa; alleles; binding sites; buds; chromosome mapping; corolla; flowering; genetic markers; genomics; humans; inheritance (genetics); loci; messenger RNA; models; mutation; ornamental plants; peaches; phenotype; phylogeny; transcription factors
- ... Double flowers with supernumerary petals have been selected by humans for their attractive appearance and commercial value in several ornamental plants, including Prunus persica (peach), a recognized model for Rosaceae genetics and genomics. Despite the relevance of this trait, knowledge of the underlying genes is limited. Of two distinct loci controlling the double‐flower phenotype in peach, we f ...
- Beinecke, Farina A.; Grundmann, Lena; Wiedmann, David R.; Schmidt, Florentin J.; Caesar, Andrea S.; Zimmermann, Marius; Lahme, Michael; Twyman, Richard M.; Prüfer, Dirk; Noll, Gundula A.
- Theplant journal 2018 v.96 no.2 pp. 329-342
- Nicotiana sylvestris; Nicotiana tabacum; Nicotiana tomentosiformis; ancestry; basic-leucine zipper transcription factors; flowering; fluorescence; genes; loci; photoperiod; regulatory proteins; tobacco
- ... Photoperiod is an important external stimulus governing the precise timing of the floral transition in plants. Members of the FLOWERING LOCUS T (FT)‐like clade of phosphatidylethanolamine‐binding proteins induce this developmental process in numerous species by forming regulatory protein complexes with FD‐like bZIP transcription factors. We identified several thus far unknown FT‐like and FD‐like g ...