Jump to Main Content
- Hu, Zhaorong; Wang, Rui; Zheng, Mei; Liu, Xingbei; Meng, Fei; Wu, Hualing; Yao, Yingyin; Xin, Mingming; Peng, Huiru; Ni, Zhongfu; Sun, Qixin
- Theplant journal 2018 v.96 no.2 pp. 372-388
- 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase; 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid; Arabidopsis; Triticum aestivum; auxins; carboxylic acids; electrophoresis; ethylene; ethylene production; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genes; homozygosity; mutants; nutrient uptake; phenotype; promoter regions; roots; signal transduction; staple crops; transcription (genetics); transgenic plants; wheat
- ... Common wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) is an important staple food crop worldwide. Lateral roots (LRs), as the major component of root architecture, affect water and nutrient uptake in wheat. The phytohormone ethylene is known to affect LR formation; however, the factor(s) modulating ethylene during this process have not yet been elucidated in wheat. Here we identified wheat TaWRKY51 as a key factor ...
- Deng, Heng; Pirrello, Julien; Chen, Yao; Li, Nan; Zhu, Sihua; Chirinos, Ximena; Bouzayen, Mondher; Liu, Yongsheng; Liu, Mingchun
- Theplant journal 2018 v.95 no.4 pp. 648-658
- Arabidopsis; F-box proteins; abscission; climacteric fruits; ethylene; fluorescence; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genes; mechanism of action; phenotype; plant development; protein content; ripening; tomatoes
- ... Ethylene is instrumental to climacteric fruit ripening and EIN3 BINDING F‐BOX (EBF) proteins have been assigned a central role in mediating ethylene responses by regulating EIN3/EIL degradation in Arabidopsis. However, the role and mode of action of tomato EBFs in ethylene‐dependent processes like fruit ripening remains unclear. Two novel EBF genes, SlEBF3 and SlEBF4, were identified in the tomato ...