Jump to Main Content
- Ghoneim, I.M.; Waheed, M.M.; Al-Eknah, M.M.; Al-raja'a, A.
- Theriogenology 2016 v.86 no.3 pp. 894-898
- Camelus dromedarius, etc ; alkaline phosphatase; aspartate transaminase; blood serum; calcium; camels; cholesterol; corpus luteum; cortisol; creatine kinase; creatinine; dystocia; glucose; magnesium; nitric oxide; phosphorus; progesterone; prostaglandins; triacylglycerols; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The present study compared some of the hormonal and biochemical constituents of serum from eutocic and dystocic one-humped camels (Camelus dromedarius). Sera were harvested from eutocic (n = 9) and dystocic (n = 20) camels within the first 15 minutes after delivery. Although there were no differences in the concentrations of estradiol-17β (E2) and prostaglandin F2α (PGF2α) between the eutocic and ...
- Ali, Ahmed; Derar, Derar; Al-Sobyil, Fahd A.; Zeitoun, Moustafa M.; Hassanein, Khaled M.A.; Al-Howas, Abdella
- Theriogenology 2016 v.85 no.9 pp. 1576-1581
- Camelus dromedarius, etc ; animals; blood sampling; breeding soundness; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; histopathology; males; metabolites; nerve tissue; neutrophils; nitrates; nitric oxide; nitrites; prepuce; testosterone; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The objectives of this study were to elucidate the clinical findings in male dromedary camels with phimosis (PHI, n = 43) and to investigate the association of this syndrome with the hemogram, nitric oxide metabolites (NOMs), and testosterone concentrations. History and signalment were obtained, and a breeding soundness examination was performed. The penis was exteriorized after administration of ...