Jump to Main Content
- Khamlor, Trisadee; Pongpiachan, Petai; Parnpai, Rangsun; Punyawai, Kanchana; Sangsritavong, Siwat; Chokesajjawatee, Nipa
- Theriogenology 2015 v.83 no.5 pp. 891-896
- DNA; Y chromosome; cattle; color; cost effectiveness; embryo transfer; females; fluorescein; loop-mediated isothermal amplification; males; polymerase chain reaction; polymers; satellite DNA; satellites; sex determination; sex determination analysis; somatic cells
- ... In cattle, the ability to determine the sex of embryos before embryo transfer is beneficial for increasing the number of animals with the desired sex. This study therefore developed a new modification of loop-mediated isothermal amplification in a multiplex format (multiplex LAMP) for highly efficient bovine embryo sexing. Two chromosomal regions, one specific for males (Y chromosome, S4 region) a ...
- Caamaño, J.N.; Gómez, E.; Trigal, B.; Muñoz, M.; Carrocera, S.; Martín, D.; Díez, C.
- Theriogenology 2015 v.83 no.5 pp. 881-890
- apoptosis; blastocyst; cattle; cryopreservation; cryoprotectants; embryo transfer; embryogenesis; farms; females; freezing; hatching; methodology; pregnancy; protein synthesis; straw; sucrose; survival rate; vitrification
- ... Vitrification is an alternative to slow-rate freezing for cryopreserving bovine embryos. However, this technology requires simplification if it is to be used under field conditions. The main objective of this work was to develop a new system for the direct transfer of vitrified embryos to be used under farm conditions. For this, three objectives were set: (1) to compare the effect of vitrification ...