Jump to Main Content
- Piva, Lucas Henrique; de Siqueira-Silva, Diógenes Henrique; Goes, Caio Augusto Gomes; Fujimoto, Takafumi; Saito, Taiju; Dragone, Letícia Veroni; Senhorini, José Augusto; Porto-Foresti, Fabio; Ferraz, José Bento Sterman; Yasui, George Shigueki
- Theriogenology 2018 v.108 pp. 239-244
- Astyanax altiparanae, etc ; Hyphessobrycon; Oligosarcus; crossing; diploidy; epithelium; females; fish; gametogenesis; gonads; heat stress; hybrids; males; niches; oocytes; progeny; somatic cells; spermatogonia; spermatozoa; triploidy; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... This work was aimed at developing an effective procedure to obtain sterile ideal host fish in mass scale with no endogenous germ cells in the germinal epithelium, owning permanent stem-cell niches able to be colonized by transplanted germ cells in surrogate technology experiments. Thus, triploids, diploid hybrids, and triploid hybrids were produced. To obtain hybrid offspring, oocytes from a singl ...
- de Paiva Camargo, Marília; Cassel, Mônica; Oliveira de Jesus, Lázaro Wender; Nóbrega, Rafael Henrique; Borella, Maria Inês
- Theriogenology 2017 v.96 pp. 97-102
- Astyanax altiparanae, etc ; Neotropics; cell cycle; cell nucleolus; chromatin; cytoplasm; fish; males; models; nuclear membrane; spermatogenesis; spermatogonia; spermatozoa; stem cells; testes; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Undifferentiated type A spermatogonia are the foundation of fish spermatogenesis. This cell population includes the spermatogonial stem cell population, which is able to either self-renew or differentiate into cells that will generate the male gamete — the spermatozoa. Spermatogonia stem cells are located in a specific region of the testes known as the spermatogonial niche, which regulates spermat ...