Jump to Main Content
- de Paiva Camargo, Marília; Cassel, Mônica; Oliveira de Jesus, Lázaro Wender; Nóbrega, Rafael Henrique; Borella, Maria Inês
- Theriogenology 2017 v.96 pp. 97-102
- Astyanax altiparanae, etc ; Neotropics; cell cycle; cell nucleolus; chromatin; cytoplasm; fish; males; models; nuclear membrane; spermatogenesis; spermatogonia; spermatozoa; stem cells; testes; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Undifferentiated type A spermatogonia are the foundation of fish spermatogenesis. This cell population includes the spermatogonial stem cell population, which is able to either self-renew or differentiate into cells that will generate the male gamete — the spermatozoa. Spermatogonia stem cells are located in a specific region of the testes known as the spermatogonial niche, which regulates spermat ...
- de Siqueira-Silva, Diógenes Henrique; dos Santos Silva, Amanda Pereira; Ninhaus-Silveira, Alexandre; Veríssimo-Silveira, Rosicleire
- Theriogenology 2015 v.84 no.6 pp. 1033-1042
- Astyanax altiparanae, etc ; busulfan; dimethyl sulfoxide; drug therapy; fish; germ cells; humans; livestock; medicine; models; mortality; spermatogenesis; temperature; toxicity; transgenesis; ultrastructure; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... We aimed to standardize a protocol to suppress spermatogenesis in the characiform fish, Astyanax altiparanae, for future use as a host in germ cell transplant research, opening opportunities for a range of studies, such as spermatogenesis analyses and transgenesis because this species presents livestock characteristics to be used as a biological model. The effects of the chemotherapeutic busulfan ...