Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: acuna?
- Pal, Aruna, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Theriogenology 2018 v.119 pp. 121-130
- arginine; bioinformatics; computer software; cytochrome b; energy; frameshift mutation; genotype; litter size; lysine; males; mitochondria; mitochondrial genes; mortality; mutants; oocytes; oxidative phosphorylation; phylogeny; physiological response; piglets; polypeptides; post-translational modification; protein structure; protein transport; reproductive system; reproductive traits; single nucleotide polymorphism; sows; stop codon; zygote
- ... Cytochrome B is an important polypeptide of the mitochondria helpful in energy metabolism through oxidative phosphorylation. Cytochrome B plays an immense role in the reproduction of animals and due to its mutation prone nature, it can affect the basic physiology of animals. Cytochrome B affects reproductive system in males and equally plays an important role in transferring and providing energy i ...
- Pal, Aruna, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Theriogenology 2014 v.81 no.3 pp. 474-480
- zebu; semen; leucine; bulls; flehmen; somatotropin; valine; reproductive performance; sperm motility; genotype; acrosome; progeny testing; statistical analysis; exons; introns; libido
- ... The decline in the male reproductive ability in terms of sexual behavior and seminal traits might lead to nonavailability of required number of bulls in a progeny testing program. The present study was conducted in 493 crossbred cattle (Bos taurus × Bos indicus) bulls to study polymorphisms of growth hormone (GH) gene and its association with seminal and sexual behavioral characteristics. A 428-ba ...