Jump to Main Content
- Yu, Xiang; Li, Chenghao; Wang, Jun; Gong, Decai
- Thermochimica acta 2017
- tung oil, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; atomic absorption spectrometry; calorimetry; ships; thermogravimetry; Indian Ocean; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Baochuanchang Shipyard was one of the major bases for shipbuilding and maintaining of Zheng He’s fleet who sailed across the Indian Ocean in the early 15th century. Some ancient putty used in sealing wooden ships was found during the archaeological excavation of this site, and the analytical results by Fourier transform infrared spectrometer (FT-IR), thermogravimetry−differential scanning calorime ...
- Fang, Shiqiang; Zhang, Hui; Zhang, Bingjian; Wei, Guofeng; Li, Guoqing; Zhou, Yang
- Thermochimica acta 2013 v.551 pp. 20-26
- tung oil, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; calcite; calcium; calcium hydroxide; esters; jute; mixing; models; oxidation; ramie; unsaturated fatty acids; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Chu-nam putty is a special organic–inorganic hybrid material invented by ancient Chinese people. It was prepared by mixing tung-oil, lime and oakum (plant fibers like jute, ramie and so on) with excellent sealing performance. The invention and application of Chu-nam putty in wooden ship lead to improvement in sailing technology and ship safety issue. In this paper, the analytical results of a piec ...