Jump to Main Content
- Cherif, Boutheina; Triki, Hana; Sahnoun, Sana; Hamden, Khaled; Sallemi, Afifa; Charfi, Slim; Lassoued, Saloua
- Toxicology 2019 v.416 pp. 44-53
- B-cell lymphoma; apoptosis; blood serum; catalase; drugs; enzyme activity; gentamicin; histopathology; imipenem; immunohistochemistry; interleukin-1beta; lipid peroxidation; male fertility; males; moieties; oxidative stress; rats; seminiferous tubules; sperm motility; spermatogenesis; spermatozoa; superoxide dismutase; testosterone; toxicity
- ... Imipenem is a beta-Lactam antibiotic characterized by a broad spectrum of activity. It is prescribed to treat severe infections. Our goal is to investigate toxicity induced in male rat reproductive systems following exposure to this drug (15, 50 or 100 mg/kg) compared to gentamicin (50 mg/kg) treatment.Effects of imipenem on reproductive organ weights, histoarchitecture, sperm parameters, and oxid ...
- Rebleanu, Daniela; Gaidau, Carmen; Voicu, Geanina; Constantinescu, Cristina Ana; Mansilla Sánchez, Catalina; Rojas, Teresa Cristina; Carvalho, Sandra; Calin, Manuela
- Toxicology 2019 v.416 pp. 30-43
- apoptosis; chemokine CXCL1; cytoskeleton; cytotoxicity; electrochemistry; enzymes; epithelial cells; epithelium; granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor; human health; humans; industry; inflammation; keratinocytes; leather; lungs; monocytes; nanoparticles; necrosis; neutrophils; nitrogen; photocatalysis; reactive oxygen species; risk; signal transduction; silver; titanium dioxide
- ... The potential human health risks following the exposure to inorganic nanoparticles (NPs) is a very important issue for their application in leather finishing industry. The aim of our study was to investigate the cytotoxic effect of silver (Ag)/titanium dioxide (TiO2) NPs on human cells. Photocatalytic NPs were prepared by electrochemical deposition of Ag on the surface of TiO2 and nitrogen (N)-TiO ...