Jump to Main Content
- Pang, Shimin; Li, Yanshu; Chen, Wei; Li, Yaobin; Yang, Meiyuan; Zhao, Lijuan; Shen, Qiwei; Cheng, Nuo; Wang, Ying; Lin, Xuequn; Ma, Jianmin; Wu, Honghao; Zhu, Gaochun
- Toxicology 2019 v.416 pp. 23-29
- acetates; blood; cognition; dendrites; gene expression; heavy metals; hippocampus; lead; memory; memory disorders; progeny; rats
- ... Lead (Pb) is a widespread environmental heavy metal toxicant and chronic Pb exposure can have irreversible effects on memory and cognitive function, which is closely related to dendritic spines. Studies have shown that SNX6 and Homer1 can regulate the growth of dendritic spines. We aimed to investigate the effect of Pb exposure on the dendritic spines in hippocampus, the expression of SNX6 and Hom ...
- Li, Xilin; Wang, Zemin; Klaunig, James E.
- Toxicology 2019 v.416 pp. 1-14
- DNA replication; androstanes; cell growth; collagen; fatty liver; fibrosis; gene expression; genes; hepatocytes; hepatotoxicity; high fat diet; inflammation; lipid peroxidation; liver; liver cirrhosis; males; mice; models; nutritional intervention; perfluorooctanoic acid; peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors; pregnanes; risk assessment; staining; transcriptomics; triacylglycerols
- ... Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is affecting up to one-third of the general population in western countries. While the major cause of NAFLD is related to an unhealthy lifestyle, recent evidence has shown a role of chemical exposure in the induction and progression of NAFLD. Perfluorooctanoate (PFOA) is a ubiquitous environmental contaminant that exerts its hepatotoxicity mainly through t ...