Jump to Main Content
- Shieh, Pochuen; Jan, Chung-Ren; Liang, Wei-Zhe
- Toxicology 2019 v.417 pp. 1-14
- Western blotting; acetylcysteine; antioxidants; apoptosis; astrocytes; brain; brain damage; catalase; cell cycle checkpoints; cell proliferation; cell viability; cyclin-dependent kinase; cyclins; cytotoxicity; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; etiology; flow cytometry; glutathione peroxidase; humans; malathion; mitochondria; neurotoxicity; oxidative stress; poisoning; protective effect; protein content; stress response
- ... Malathion is one of the most widely used organophosphorus insecticides in agriculture. However, malathion may be involved in the etiology of human brain dysfunction. Induction of ROS has been proposed as a mechanism of malathion-induced poisoning cases, but there are few data regarding the effects of malathion on oxidative stress-associated neurotoxicity in human glial cells. The aim was to explor ...
- Wang, HaiXia; Luo, JunTao; Tian, WenXia; Yan, WenQing; Ge, Sheng; Zhang, YaHui; Sun, WenGuang
- Toxicology 2019 v.417 pp. 42-53
- H+/K+-exchanging ATPase; H-transporting ATP synthase; Western blotting; adenosine triphosphate; apoptosis; cell growth; gamma-tocotrienol; glycolysis; messenger RNA; mitochondria; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; oxidative phosphorylation; protein content; proteins; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction
- ... Tocotrienols (T3s) are a subgroup of vitamin E and they have been widely tested to inhibit cell growth in various tumor types. Previous studies have shown that T3s inhibit cancer cell growth by targeting multiple signaling transduction and cellular processes. However, the role of T3s in the regulation of cellular bioenergetic processes remains unclear. In this study, we found that γ-T3 interacts w ...