Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Sheng; Pan, Lei; Chen, Min; Zhu, Yi-Ping; Han, Bang-Min; Xia, Shu-Jie; Jiang, Jun-Tao
- Toxicology 2019 v.428 pp. 152300
- Western blotting; autophagy; dibutyl phthalate; epithelial cells; gene expression; genes; immunohistochemistry; in vitro studies; males; maternal exposure; neonates; progeny; rats; reactive oxygen species; staining; urethra
- ... Maternal exposure to di-n-butyl phthalate (DBP) induces hypospadias via regulation of autophagy in uroepithelial cells. Here, we use gene express analysis to explore the underlying molecular mechanisms. Pregnant rats received DBP orally at a dose of 750 mg/kg/day during gestational days 14–18. Gene expression analysis showed an increased expression of the hedgehog interacting protein (HhIP) gene. ...
- Wang, Xue; Jiang, Liping; Shi, Limin; Yao, Kun; Sun, Xiance; Yang, Guang; Jiang, Lijie; Zhang, Cong; Wang, Ningning; Zhang, Hongying; Wang, Yan; Liu, Xiaofang
- Toxicology 2019 v.428 pp. 152304
- Western blotting; autophagy; cell lines; fluorescent antibody technique; inflammasomes; inflammation; pyroptosis; rats; transcription factor NF-kappa B; transmission electron microscopy; zearalenone
- ... Zearalenone (ZEA), one of the mycotoxins widely found in food and feed, can stimulate an inflammatory reaction. In the present study, we demonstrated that ZEA induced the activation of NLRP3 inflammasome even pyroptotic cell death in rat Insulinoma Cell Line (INS-1). Meanwhile, according to the results of western blot and TEM, the level of autophagy was elevated by ZEA, which protected against the ...