Jump to Main Content
- Khan, Jasim; Salhotra, Shikha; Goswami, Poonam; Akhter, Juheb; Jahan, Shagufta; Gupta, Sakshi; Sharma, Shikha; Banerjee, Basu Dev; Parvez, Suhel; Gupta, Sarika; Raisuddin, Sheikh
- Toxicology 2019 v.428 pp. 152299
- bisphenol A; blood-brain barrier; body weight; cerebral cortex; cytokines; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; enzymes; genes; humans; males; memory disorders; messenger RNA; mice; muscles; myelin basic protein; myelin sheath; neurons; neurotoxicity; oligodendroglia; oxidative stress; protein synthesis; sclerosis; structural proteins
- ... Bisphenol A (BPA) is a ubiquitously distributed endocrine disrupting chemical (EDC). BPA exposure in humans has been a matter of concern due to its increased application in the products of day to day use. BPA has been reported to cause toxicity in almost all the vital organ systems even at a very low dose levels. It crosses the blood brain barrier and causes neurotoxicity. We studied the effect of ...
- Huang, Zhenlin; Zhao, Qing; Chen, Minwei; Zhang, Jingnan; Ji, Lili
- Toxicology 2019 v.428 pp. 152307
- Toll-like receptor 4; alanine; alanine transaminase; antioxidants; aspartate transaminase; bilirubin; blood serum; cytokines; endothelial cells; gene expression; heat shock proteins; histology; inflammation; liver; liver diseases; macrophages; messenger RNA; mitochondria; monocrotaline; myeloperoxidase; protein synthesis; rats; scanning electron microscopes; signal transduction; transcription factor NF-kappa B
- ... Hepatic sinusoidal obstruction syndrome (HSOS) is a life-threatening liver disease caused by the damage to liver sinusoidal endothelial cells (LSECs). Liquiritigenin and liquiritin are two main compounds in Glycyrrhizae Radix et Rhizoma (Gan-cao). Our previous study has shown that both liquiritigenin and liquiritin alleviated monocrotaline (MCT)-induced HSOS in rats via inducing the activation of ...