Jump to Main Content
- Khan, Jasim; Salhotra, Shikha; Goswami, Poonam; Akhter, Juheb; Jahan, Shagufta; Gupta, Sakshi; Sharma, Shikha; Banerjee, Basu Dev; Parvez, Suhel; Gupta, Sarika; Raisuddin, Sheikh
- Toxicology 2019 v.428 pp. 152299
- bisphenol A; blood-brain barrier; body weight; cerebral cortex; cytokines; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; enzymes; genes; humans; males; memory disorders; messenger RNA; mice; muscles; myelin basic protein; myelin sheath; neurons; neurotoxicity; oligodendroglia; oxidative stress; protein synthesis; sclerosis; structural proteins
- ... Bisphenol A (BPA) is a ubiquitously distributed endocrine disrupting chemical (EDC). BPA exposure in humans has been a matter of concern due to its increased application in the products of day to day use. BPA has been reported to cause toxicity in almost all the vital organ systems even at a very low dose levels. It crosses the blood brain barrier and causes neurotoxicity. We studied the effect of ...
- Yu, Kailun; Zhang, Xiuli; Tan, Xuemei; Ji, Mengmeng; Chen, Yao; Tao, Yuchang; Liu, Manman; Yu, Zengli
- Toxicology 2019 v.428 pp. 152311
- adulthood; adults; adverse effects; apoptosis; blood serum; direct contact; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; estrous cycle; females; follicle-stimulating hormone; follicular development; indirect contact; laboratory animals; luteinizing hormone; messenger RNA; ovarian follicles; pregnancy; progeny; rats; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin; toxicity
- ... 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorobenze-p-dioxin (TCDD), one of representive Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals (EDCs), has potential adverse effects on human health. Direct exposure to TCDD has been implicated in ovarian follicles development and functions deficits in adulthood. However, it is rarely reported whether indirect exposure to TCDD can cause similar negative impact on F3. The aim of our study was to eval ...