Jump to Main Content
- Hong, Yinan; Fan, Daidi
- Toxicology 2019 v.418 pp. 22-31
- acetylcysteine, etc ; Panax; Western blotting; antineoplastic activity; antineoplastic agents; apoptosis; breast neoplasms; caspase-3; cell cycle checkpoints; cell proliferation; enzyme inhibitors; ginsenosides; insulin; interphase; membrane potential; mitochondrial membrane; models; neoplasm cells; reactive oxygen species; toxicity; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Ginsenoside Rk1 (Rk1) is a component found in processed ginseng that exhibits anti-insulin resistance, anti-inflammation and anti-cancer activities. However, there are few reports of Rk1 activity against triple negative breast cancer (TNBC). In this study, the anti-proliferation and potential mechanisms of Rk1 in MDA-MB-231 cells were investigated. Xenograft model exhibited that Rk1 significantly ...
- Shieh, Pochuen; Jan, Chung-Ren; Liang, Wei-Zhe
- Toxicology 2019 v.417 pp. 1-14
- acetylcysteine, etc ; Western blotting; antioxidants; apoptosis; astrocytes; brain; brain damage; catalase; cell cycle checkpoints; cell proliferation; cell viability; cyclin-dependent kinase; cyclins; cytotoxicity; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; etiology; flow cytometry; glutathione peroxidase; humans; malathion; mitochondria; neurotoxicity; oxidative stress; poisoning; protective effect; protein content; stress response; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Malathion is one of the most widely used organophosphorus insecticides in agriculture. However, malathion may be involved in the etiology of human brain dysfunction. Induction of ROS has been proposed as a mechanism of malathion-induced poisoning cases, but there are few data regarding the effects of malathion on oxidative stress-associated neurotoxicity in human glial cells. The aim was to explor ...