Jump to Main Content
- Slotkin, Theodore A.; Skavicus, Samantha; Card, Jennifer; Levin, Edward D.; Seidler, Frederic J.
- Toxicology 2015 v.333 pp. 63-75
- acetylcysteine, etc ; DNA; adverse effects; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; cell growth; cell viability; choline; dopamine; folic acid; metabolism; nicotine; oxidative stress; phenotype; smoking (habit); synergism; vitamin B12; vitamin E; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Tobacco smoke exposure is associated with neurodevelopmental disorders. We used neuronotypic PC12 cells to evaluate the mechanisms by which tobacco smoke extract (TSE) affects neurodifferentiation. In undifferentiated cells, TSE impaired DNA synthesis and cell numbers to a much greater extent than nicotine alone; TSE also impaired cell viability to a small extent. In differentiating cells, TSE enh ...
- PubMed Central:
- Suriyo, Tawit; Tachachartvanich, Phum; Visitnonthachai, Daranee; Watcharasit, Piyajit; Satayavivad, Jutamaad
- Toxicology 2015 v.338 pp. 117-129
- acetylcysteine, etc ; DNA; acetylcholinesterase; adenocarcinoma; antagonists; antioxidants; atropine; cell growth; chlorpyrifos; cholinergic receptors; colon; epidemiological studies; epidermal growth factor receptors; epithelium; hepatoma; in vitro studies; interphase; liver; metabolites; neurons; phosphorylation; reactive oxygen species; risk; signal transduction; toxicity; tyrosine; viability; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Aside from the effects on neuronal cholinergic system, epidemiological studies suggest an association between chlorpyrifos (CPF) exposure and cancer risk. This in vitro study examined the effects of CPF and its toxic metabolite, chlorpyrifos oxon (CPF-O), on the growth of human colorectal adenocarcinoma H508, colorectal adenocarcinoma HT-29, normal colon epithelial CCD841, liver hepatocellular car ...