Jump to Main Content
- Racine, Christopher R.; Ferguson, Travis; Preston, Debbie; Ward, Dakota; Ball, John; Anestis, Dianne; Valentovic, Monica; Rankin, Gary O.
- Toxicology 2016 v.341-343 pp. 47-55
- acetylcysteine, etc ; alpha-tocopherol; antioxidants; biotransformation; cytochrome P-450; cytotoxicity; free radicals; glutathione; indomethacin; kidneys; lactate dehydrogenase; males; metabolites; metyrapone; nephrotoxicity; oxidative stress; peroxidase; piperonyl butoxide; pyruvic acid; rats; unspecific monooxygenase; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Among the mono- and dichloroanilines, 3,5-dichloroaniline (3,5-DCA) is the most potent nephrotoxicant in vivo and in vitro. However, the role of renal biotransformation in 3,5-DCA induced nephrotoxicity is unknown. The current study was designed to determine the in vitro nephrotoxic potential of 3,5-DCA in isolated renal cortical cells (IRCC) obtained from male Fischer 344 rats, and the role of re ...
- PubMed Central:
- Takeda, Shuso; Noguchi, Momoko; Matsuo, Kazumasa; Yamaguchi, Yasuhiro; Kudo, Taichi; Nishimura, Hajime; Okamoto, Yoshiko; Amamoto, Toshiaki; Shindo, Mitsuru; Omiecinski, Curtis J.; Aramaki, Hironori
- Toxicology 2013 v.305 pp. 1-9
- acetylcysteine, etc ; DNA; DNA damage; breast neoplasms; cell death; gene expression regulation; humans; messenger RNA; reactive oxygen species; toxicology; tumor suppressor genes; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Previously, we reported that (−)-xanthatin, a naturally occurring xanthanolide present in the Cocklebur plant, exhibits potent anti-proliferative effects on human breast cancer cells, accompanied by an induction of the growth arrest and DNA damage-inducible gene 45γ (GADD45γ), recognized recently as a novel tumor suppressor gene. However, the mechanisms mediating this activation were unknown. Topo ...
- PubMed Central: