Jump to Main Content
- Kote, Sachin; Faktor, Jakub; Dapic, Irena; Mayordomo, Marcos Yebenes; Kocikowski, Mikołaj; Kagansky, Alexander; Goodlett, David; Vojtesek, Borivoj; Hupp, Ted; Wilcockson, David; Piper, Ross
- Toxicon 2019 v.169 pp. 1-4
- Cerceris; mass spectrometry; parasitic wasps; proteome; proteomics; transcriptome; venoms; wasps
- ... Solitary aculeate wasps are abundant and diverse hymenopteran insects that disable prey using venom. The venom may possess neuromodulation, immunomodulatory, metabolic-modulatory and antimicrobial functions. Venom analysis of transcriptomes and proteomes has been previously performed in social and parasitoid wasp species. We develop methodologies including mass spectrometry-based shotgun proteomic ...
- Rincón-Cortés, Clara Andrea; Olamendi-Portugal, Timoteo; Carcamo-Noriega, Edson Norberto; Santillán, Edmundo González; Zuñiga, Fernando Zamudio; Reyes-Montaño, Edgar Antonio; Vega Castro, Nohora Angélica; Possani, Lourival Domingos
- Toxicon 2019 v.169 pp. 5-11
- Centruroides; Orthoptera; Tityus; amino acids; chromatography; disulfide bonds; disulfides; humans; insects; molecular weight; peptides; phylogeny; sodium channels; topology; toxicity; toxins; venoms
- ... The soluble venom of the scorpion Tityus macrochirus was separated by chromatographic procedures and three homogeneous peptides were obtained and their primary structures were determined. They were called: Tma1-Tma3, from the abbreviated name of the scorpion. Tma1 is a peptide containing 65 amino acids with four disulfide linkages and a molecular weight of 7386.2 Da. It is a mammalian toxin, shown ...