Jump to Main Content
- Rincón-Cortés, Clara Andrea; Olamendi-Portugal, Timoteo; Carcamo-Noriega, Edson Norberto; Santillán, Edmundo González; Zuñiga, Fernando Zamudio; Reyes-Montaño, Edgar Antonio; Vega Castro, Nohora Angélica; Possani, Lourival Domingos
- Toxicon 2019 v.169 pp. 5-11
- Centruroides; Orthoptera; Tityus; amino acids; chromatography; disulfide bonds; disulfides; humans; insects; molecular weight; peptides; phylogeny; sodium channels; topology; toxicity; toxins; venoms
- ... The soluble venom of the scorpion Tityus macrochirus was separated by chromatographic procedures and three homogeneous peptides were obtained and their primary structures were determined. They were called: Tma1-Tma3, from the abbreviated name of the scorpion. Tma1 is a peptide containing 65 amino acids with four disulfide linkages and a molecular weight of 7386.2 Da. It is a mammalian toxin, shown ...
- Gurrola, G.B.; Guijarro, J.I.; Delepierre, M.; Mendoza, R.L.L.; Cid-Uribe, J.I.; Coronas, F.V.; Possani, L.D.
- Toxicon 2019 v.167 pp. 184-191
- Centruroides noxius; RNA; amino acids; bioassays; death; disulfides; electrophysiology; genes; high performance liquid chromatography; insects; ion channels; mass spectrometry; mice; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; scorpion venoms; synthetic peptides; transcriptomics
- ... A peptide (Cn29) from the venom of the scorpion Centruroides noxius (about 2% of the soluble venom) was purified and its primary and three-dimensional structures were determined. The peptide contains 27 amino acids with primary sequence: LCLSCRGGDYDCRVKGTCENGKCVCGS. The peptide is tightly packed by three disulfide linkages formed between C2-C23, C5-C18 and C12-C25. Since the native peptide was obt ...