Jump to Main Content
- Bautista, Eduardo; Schlegel, James L.
- Transactions of the ASABE 2017 v.60 no.4 pp. 1223-1234
- computer software; estimation; fluid mechanics; infiltration (hydrology); models; surface irrigation
- ... Characterizing the infiltration and hydraulic resistance process is critical to the use of modeling tools for the hydraulic analysis of surface irrigation systems. Because those processes are still not well understood, various formulations are currently used to represent them. A software component has been developed for estimation of the parameters of infiltration and hydraulic resistance models. ...
- Hayes, Morgan D.; Brown-Brandl, Tami M.; Eigenberg, Roger A.; Kuehn, Larry A.; Thallman, R. Mark
- Transactions of the ASABE 2017 v.60 no.4 pp. 1301-1311
- Agricultural Research Service; air temperature; ambient temperature; animal pens; average daily gain; body weight; breathing; cattle; cell respiration; color; death; equipment design; feed intake; feedlots; genetics; heat; heat stress; meat animals; mixed breeds; relative humidity; shade; summer; wind speed; zebu; United States
- ... Heat stress in cattle results in decreased feed intake, lower daily gain and potentially death in susceptible animals under intense conditions. A study was carried out during the summer of 2013 on the USDA-ARS U.S. Meat Animal Research Center feedlot evaluating the impact of shade on environmental conditions and cattle performance. A novel two-tiered shade was utilized in half of the 14 pens, each ...