Jump to Main Content
- Du, B.; Arnold, J.G.; Saleh, A.; Jaynes, D.B.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2005 v.48 no.3 pp. 1121
- Soil and Water Assessment Tool model; watershed hydrology; hydrologic models; subsurface flow; tile drainage; water table; algorithms; mathematical models; simulation models; equations; Iowa
- ... SWAT (Soil and Water Assessment Tool) is a watershed model that has been incorporated into USEPA's modeling framework called BASINS used for total maximum daily load (TMDL) analysis. It is thus important that SWAT realistically simulate tile flow and pothole landscapes that are common in much of the Corn Belt and Great Lakes states. In this study, SWAT was modified to simulate water table dynamics ...
- Covert, S.A.; Robichaud, P.R.; Elliot, W.J.; Link, T.E.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2005 v.48 no.3 pp. 1091
- Water Erosion Prediction Project; water erosion; forest soils; forested watersheds; logging; prescribed burning; runoff; mathematical models; equations; subsurface flow; infiltration (hydrology); slope; simulation models; Idaho; Montana
- ... This study evaluates runoff predictions generated by GeoWEPP (Geo-spatial interface to the Water Erosion Prediction Project) and a modified version of WEPP v98.4 for forest soils. Three small (2 to 9 ha) watersheds in the mountains of the interior Northwest were monitored for several years following timber harvest and prescribed fires. Observed climate variables, percent ground cover, soil erodibi ...