Jump to Main Content
- Pearson, T.C.; Wicklow, D.T.; Maghirang, E.B.; Xie, F.; Dowell, F.E.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.5 pp. 1247
- aflatoxins; food contamination; microbial contamination; corn; seeds; detection; infrared spectroscopy; reflectance; transmittance; near-infrared reflectance spectroscopy
- ... Transmittance spectra (500 to 950 nm) and reflectance spectra (550 to 1700 nm) were analyzed to determine if they could be used to distinguish aflatoxin contamination in single whole corn kernels. Spectra were obtained on whole corn kernels exhibiting various levels of bright greenish-yellow fluorescence. Afterwards, each kernel was analyzed for aflatoxin following the USDA-FGIS Aflatest affinity ...
- Lu, R.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.5 pp. 1265
- cherries; firmness; sugars; chemical composition; brix; infrared spectroscopy; reflectance; prediction; cultivars; food quality; nondestructive methods
- ... The objective of this research was to study the potential of near-infrared (NIR) reflectance spectroscopy as a means for nondestructive measurement of the firmness and sugar content of sweet cherries. NIR spectral data were collected from Hedelfinger and Sam sweet cherries in the spectral region between 800 nm and 1700 nm. Statistical models were developed using the partial least square method to ...