Jump to Main Content
- Yuan, Y.; Bingner, R.L.; Rebich, R.A.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.5 pp. 1183
- watersheds; crop production; crop management; cover crops; winter; pollution control; water pollution; erosion control; water erosion; sediment yield; simulation models; agricultural land; losses from soil; runoff; prediction; best management practices; nonpoint source pollution; Mississippi
- ... Sediment and its associated pollutants entering a water body can be very destructive to the health of that system. Best Management Practices (BMPs) can be used to reduce these pollutants, but understanding the most effective practices is very difficult. Watershed models are the most cost-effective tools to aid in the decision-making process of selecting the BMP that is most effective in reducing t ...
- Lu, R.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.5 pp. 1265
- cherries; firmness; sugars; chemical composition; brix; infrared spectroscopy; reflectance; prediction; cultivars; food quality; nondestructive methods
- ... The objective of this research was to study the potential of near-infrared (NIR) reflectance spectroscopy as a means for nondestructive measurement of the firmness and sugar content of sweet cherries. NIR spectral data were collected from Hedelfinger and Sam sweet cherries in the spectral region between 800 nm and 1700 nm. Statistical models were developed using the partial least square method to ...