Jump to Main Content
- Thomasson, J.A.; Sui, R.; Cox, M.S.; Al-Rajehy, A.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.6 pp. 1445-1453
- calcium; clay; magnesium; nutrient content; pH; precision agriculture; reflectance; soil nutrients; soil sampling; soil texture; texture; Mississippi
- ... Soil samples were collected on a 0.4-ha (1.0-ac) grid from two agricultural fields in northeastern Mississippi. The samples were measured for soil nutrient composition, soil texture, and diffuse reflectance between 250 and 2500 nm. The data were examined for two purposes: (1) to understand the relationships between soil properties and reflectance spectra, and (2) to understand the sources of varia ...
- Yuan, Y.; Bingner, R.L.; Rebich, R.A.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.5 pp. 1183-1190
- watersheds; crop production; crop management; cover crops; winter; pollution control; water pollution; erosion control; water erosion; sediment yield; simulation models; agricultural land; losses from soil; runoff; prediction; best management practices; nonpoint source pollution; Mississippi
- ... Sediment and its associated pollutants entering a water body can be very destructive to the health of that system. Best Management Practices (BMPs) can be used to reduce these pollutants, but understanding the most effective practices is very difficult. Watershed models are the most cost-effective tools to aid in the decision-making process of selecting the BMP that is most effective in reducing t ...