Jump to Main Content
- Vosper, F.C.; Clark, R.N.
- Transactions of the ASAE 1985 v.28 no.2 pp. 617
- wind machines; generators
- ... A modern wind turbine, an Enertech Model 44/25, was installed on May 26, 1982, at the USDA Conservation and Production Research Laboratory, Bushland, TX. The wind machine, acquired for a determination of agricultural applications, had a 25-kw induction generator which provided 240 v, 60 Hz, single-phase electric power. The horizontal-axis wind turbine had a 13. 4-m diameter, three-bladed, fixed-pi ...
- Musick, J.T.; Pringle, F.B.; Johnson, P.N.
- Transactions of the ASAE 1985 v.28 no.2 pp. 502
- furrow irrigation; soil compaction
- ... A field study was conducted on Olton clay loam to evaluate effects of increasing irrigated furrow spacing from 0.75 to 1.5 m and furrow compaction on irrigation water intake, evapotranspiration, estimated profile drainage losses, and corn yields. Wide spacing of furrows had very little effect, while wheel compaction reduced the average water intake during seasonal irrigation; tractor-wheel compact ...