Jump to Main Content
- Arkin, G.F.; Maas, S.J.; Richardson, C.W.
- Transactions of the ASAE 1980 v.23 no.3 pp. 676
- Sorghum bicolor; grain sorghum; crop models; simulation models; grain yield; weather; climatic factors; maturity stage; dry matter accumulation; mathematical models; Texas
- ... A methodology was developed by which SORGF. a grain sorghum growth-simulation model, could be used to forecast crop status during the growing season. The methodology utilizes simulated weather data generated by a Markov chain model, as input to the grain sorghum model. The modeled status of sorghum plants may be updated at any time during the growing season with actual plant status observed in the ...
- Parsons, J.E.; Dunlap, J.L.; McKinion, J.M.; Phene, C.J.; Baker, D.N.
- Transactions of the ASAE 1980 v.23 no.3 pp. 589
- growth chambers; plants; environmental control systems; computer software; computer analysis; microprocessors; transducers (equipment); environmental factors; algorithms; carbon dioxide; air temperature; light
- ... Computer software was developed for a microprocessor-based system for data acquisition from 64 transducers used to maintain closed loop environmental control for three sunlit Soil-Plant-Atmosphere Research (SPAR) units. An assembly language and BASIC programs were written to run concurrently using a real-time interrupt. Environmental control algorithms were implemented in software to control tempe ...