Jump to Main Content
- Shinde, D.; Savabi, M.R.; Nkedi-Kizza, P.; Vazquez, A.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.2 pp. 251-258
- atrazine; soil water movement; sorption; sorption isotherms; leaching; calcareous soils; simulation models; Florida
- ... A study was carried out on water and pesticide transport in three calcareous soils (Perrine, Krome, and Chekika) of South Florida. Tritium and bromide were used as tracers for water flow and atrazine (2-chloro-4-ethylamino-6-isopropylamino-1,3,5-triazine) was used as a probe chemical representing neutral organic compounds. Atrazine sorption isotherms were linear for all soils, and atrazine transpo ...
- Novak, J.M.; Watts, D.W.; Stone, K.C.; Johnson, M.H.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.5 pp. 1201-1206
- water pollution; atrazine; cyanazine; agricultural land; herbicide residues; watersheds; losses from soil; streams; seasonal variation; metolachlor; alachlor; ametryn; coastal plains; North Carolina
- ... Herbicide detection in surface water sources has caused concern about contamination of these sources and adverse effects on human and aquatic health. Understanding surface water herbicide transport from agriculturally intensive watersheds is useful for development of herbicide best management practices to reduce off-site movement. The seasonal occurrence and load of five herbicides exported by a s ...