Jump to Main Content
- Yuan, Y.; Bingner, R.L.; Theurer, F.D.; Rebich, R.A.; Moore, P.A.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2005 v.48 no.6 pp. 2145-2154
- nonpoint source pollution; phosphorus; losses from soil; agricultural soils; simulation models; agricultural watersheds; AGNPS model; soil nutrients; Mississippi
- ... The USDA Annualized Agricultural Non-Point Source Pollution model (AnnAGNPS) has been developed to aid in evaluation of watershed response to agricultural management practices. Previous studies have demonstrated the capability of the model to simulate runoff and sediment, but not phosphorus (P). The main purpose of this article is to evaluate the performance of AnnAGNPS on P simulation using compa ...
- Yuan, Y.; Bingner, R.L.; Rebich, R.A.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.5 pp. 1183-1190
- watersheds; crop production; crop management; cover crops; winter; pollution control; water pollution; erosion control; water erosion; sediment yield; simulation models; agricultural land; losses from soil; runoff; prediction; best management practices; nonpoint source pollution; Mississippi
- ... Sediment and its associated pollutants entering a water body can be very destructive to the health of that system. Best Management Practices (BMPs) can be used to reduce these pollutants, but understanding the most effective practices is very difficult. Watershed models are the most cost-effective tools to aid in the decision-making process of selecting the BMP that is most effective in reducing t ...