Jump to Main Content
- Santhi, C.; Arnold, J.G.; Williams, J.R.; Hauck, L.M.; Dugas, W.A.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.6 pp. 1559-1570
- Soil and Water Assessment Tool model; animal manure management; best management practices; dairy manure; municipal wastewater; nonpoint source pollution; nutrient transport; phosphorus; pollution control; rivers; sediments; total maximum daily load; wastewater treatment; watersheds; Texas
- ... A Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) program has been initiated in the North Bosque River Watershed in Texas, USA, where point and nonpoint sources of pollution are of a concern. The Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT), which had been validated for flow and sediment and nutrient transport, was applied to quantify the effects of Best Management Practices (BMPs) related to dairy manure management and ...
- Yuan, Y.; Bingner, R.L.; Rebich, R.A.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.5 pp. 1183-1190
- watersheds; crop production; crop management; cover crops; winter; pollution control; water pollution; erosion control; water erosion; sediment yield; simulation models; agricultural land; losses from soil; runoff; prediction; best management practices; nonpoint source pollution; Mississippi
- ... Sediment and its associated pollutants entering a water body can be very destructive to the health of that system. Best Management Practices (BMPs) can be used to reduce these pollutants, but understanding the most effective practices is very difficult. Watershed models are the most cost-effective tools to aid in the decision-making process of selecting the BMP that is most effective in reducing t ...