Jump to Main Content
- Trout, T.J.; Sojka, R.E.; Lentz, R.D.
- Transactions of the ASAE 1995 v.38 no.3 pp. 761
- soil stabilization, etc ; soil; soil erosion; irrigation; furrows; polyacrylamide; erosion control; sediments; application rate; Idaho; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Erosion from furrow irrigated land is a serious problem in southern Idaho and elsewhere in the western United States. High molecular weight anionic Polyacrylamide (a water soluble polymer), increases soil aggregate stability and flocculates suspended sediments, thereby reducing sediment detachment and transport in irrigation furrows. Application of 0.7 kg/ha/irrigation of polyacrylamide in irrigat ...
- Dabney, S.M.; Shields, F.D. Jr.; Temple, D.M.; Langendoen, E.J.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2004 v.47 no.5 pp. 1561
- soil stabilization, etc ; gully erosion; erosion control; Panicum virgatum; planting; Mississippi; Oklahoma; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Concentrated flow can cause gully formation on sloping lands and in riparian zones of floodplains adjacent to incising stream channels. Current practice for riparian gully control involves blocking the gully with an earthen embankment and installing a pipe outlet. Measures involving native vegetation would be more attractive for habitat recovery and economic reasons. To test the hypothesis that sw ...