Jump to Main Content
- Welch, David W., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 2013 v.142 no.3 pp. 783-792
- Oncorhynchus kisutch; acoustics; fish; freshwater; hematocrit; juveniles; osmolality; prediction; salinity; seawater; surgery; swimming
- ... To assess the potential impact of “tag effect” on seaward-migrating Coho Salmon Oncorhynchus kisutch , presmolt juveniles were surgically implanted with acoustic transmitters followed by exposure to freshwater (FW, 0‰ salinity) or seawater (SW; 30‰ salinity) for 24 h and then subjected to repeated critical swimming speed (U cᵣᵢₜ) trials. Three different experimental tag-treatment groups were estab ...
- Welch, David W., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 2013 v.142 no.2 pp. 515-523
- Oncorhynchus nerka; acoustics; freshwater; juveniles; lakes; mortality; probability; salmon; seawater; smolts; surgery; swimming; tissue repair; British Columbia
- ... Juvenile hatchery-reared Sockeye Salmon Oncorhynchus nerka from Cultus Lake, British Columbia, were implanted during their smolt phase with one of three sizes of dummy acoustic tags to assess how tag burden (tag mass: body mass ratios ranging from 1.3% to 13.6% in air) influenced prolonged swimming performance, survival, and postsurgical wound healing in freshwater for up to 16.5 d and following a ...