Jump to Main Content
- Ozawa, Makoto; Matsuu, Aya; Khalil, Ahmed Magdy; Nishi, Natsuko; Tokorozaki, Kaori; Masatani, Tatsunori; Horie, Masayuki; Okuya, Kosuke; Ueno, Kosei; Kuwahara, Masakazu; Toda, Shigehisa
- Transboundary and emerging diseases 2019 v.66 no.2 pp. 797-806
- genetic analysis, etc ; Influenza A virus; avian influenza; coevolution; ducks; emerging diseases; feces; genes; genotype; migratory birds; monitoring; overwintering; phylogeny; wild birds; winter; Japan; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... During the 2016–2017 winter season, we isolated 33 highly pathogenic avian influenza viruses (HPAIVs) of H5N6 subtype and three low pathogenic avian influenza viruses (LPAIVs) from debilitated or dead wild birds, duck faeces, and environmental water samples collected in the Izumi plain, an overwintering site for migratory birds in Japan. Genetic analyses of the H5N6 HPAIV isolates revealed previou ...
- Ramírez, Mercy; Bauermann, Fernando V.; Navarro, Dennis; Rojas, Miguel; Manchego, Alberto; Nelson, Eric A.; Diel, Diego G.; Rivera, Hermelinda
- Transboundary and emerging diseases 2019 v.66 no.3 pp. 1107-1113
- genetic analysis, etc ; Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus; farms; genes; geographical distribution; pathogens; phylogeny; porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome; restriction fragment length polymorphism; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; swine; virulence; viruses; Peru; United States; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV) causes significant economic losses to the swine industry worldwide. While PRRSV has been endemic in North America since 1989, it was not until 1999 that the virus was first described in South America. Notably, recently an increased number of PRRSV outbreaks have been reported in South American countries. However, epidemiological informati ...