Jump to Main Content
- Howson, E. L. A.; Armson, B.; Lyons, N. A.; Chepkwony, E.; Kasanga, C. J.; Kandusi, S.; Ndusilo, N.; Yamazaki, W.; Gizaw, D.; Cleaveland, S.; Lembo, T.; Rauh, R.; Nelson, W. M.; Wood, B. A.; Mioulet, V.; King, D. P.; Fowler, V. L.
- Transboundary and emerging diseases 2018 v.65 no.1 pp. 221-231
- Foot-and-mouth disease virus; RNA; cattle; cattle diseases; cross reaction; decision making; detection limit; diagnostic sensitivity; emerging diseases; foot-and-mouth disease; freeze drying; microbial detection; monitoring; point-of-care testing; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rapid methods; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; serotypes; Ethiopia; Kenya; Tanzania
- ... Effective control and monitoring of foot‐and‐mouth disease (FMD) relies upon rapid and accurate disease confirmation. Currently, clinical samples are usually tested in reference laboratories using standardized assays recommended by The World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE). However, the requirements for prompt and serotype‐specific diagnosis during FMD outbreaks, and the need to establish rob ...
- PubMed Central:
- Ameni, G.; Tafess, K.; Zewde, A.; Eguale, T.; Tilahun, M.; Hailu, T.; Sirak, A.; Salguero, F. J.; Berg, S.; Aseffa, A.; Hewinson, R. G.; Vordermeier, H. M.
- Transboundary and emerging diseases 2018 v.65 no.1 pp. 96-104
- Holstein; Mycobacterium bovis BCG; bovine tuberculosis; calves; cost effectiveness; culture filtrates; dairy farming; disease control; emerging diseases; head; herds; histopathology; immune response; immunologic techniques; interferon-gamma; lungs; lymph nodes; placebos; subcutaneous injection; tissues; tuberculin; vaccination; vaccines; Ethiopia
- ... Bovine tuberculosis (bTB) is highly prevalent in intensive dairy farms of the urban “milk‐sheds” in Ethiopia, and vaccination could be a cost‐effective disease control strategy. In the present study, the efficacy of Bacillus Calmette–Guerin (BCG) to protect against bTB was assessed in Holstein–Friesian calves in a natural transmission setting. Twenty‐three 2‐week‐old calves were subcutaneously vac ...
- PubMed Central: