Jump to Main Content
- Jha, Sanjay; Tank, Harsukh G.; Prasad, Bishun Deo; Chattoo, Bharat B.
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 59-69
- Agrobacterium; Dahlia; Magnaporthe oryzae; Oryza sativa; Thanatephorus cucumeris; disease resistance; gene expression; pathogens; rice; transgenic plants
- ... Magnaporthe oryzae and Rhizoctonia solani, are among the most important pathogens of rice, severely limiting its productivity. Dm-AMP1, an antifungal plant defensin from Dahlia merckii, was expressed in rice (Oryza sativa L. sp. indica cv. Pusa basmati 1) using Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation. Expression levels of Dm-AMP1 ranged from 0.43% to 0.57% of total soluble protein in tra ...
- Kawazu, Yoichi; Fujiyama, Ryoi; Noguchi, Yuji
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 113-120
- Agrobacterium; Lactuca sativa; Lettuce big-vein associated virus; leaves; lettuce; roots; small interfering RNA; transgenes; viruses
- ... Mirafiori lettuce virus (MiLV), a plant RNA virus belonging to the genus Ophiovirus, is considered to be a causal agent of lettuce big-vein disease. In this study, inverted repeats of a fragment of the coat protein (CP) gene of MiLV in a binary vector pBI121 were transferred via Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation into lettuce (Lactuca sativa L.) in order to generate MiLV-resistant l ...