Jump to Main Content
- Hirabayashi, Masumi; Yoshizawa, Yusuke; Kato, Megumi; Tsuchiya, Takashi; Nagao, Shizuko; Hochi, Shinichi
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 135-141
- actin; atrophy; busulfan; chickens; fluorescence; green fluorescent protein; humans; metallothionein; parturition; progeny; rats; seminiferous tubules; spermatids; spermatogenesis; spermatogonia; spermatozoa; stem cells; transgenes
- ... The spermatogonial transplantation system was applied to evaluate stem cell kinetics and niche quality and to produce gene-modified animals using the stem cells after homologous recombination-based selection. This study was designed to determine whether the transplanted spermatogonia were able to proliferate and differentiate in male rats expressing the c-myc transgene under control of the human m ...
- De Marchis, Francesca; Wang, Yongxin; Stevanato, Piergiorgio; Arcioni, Sergio; Bellucci, Michele
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 17-30
- Beta vulgaris subsp. vulgaris; biolistics; breeding; chloroplasts; engineering; fluorescence; gels; genes; genetic improvement; genetic transformation; intergenic DNA; microscopy; petioles; protein synthesis; screening; spectinomycin; sugar beet; transcription (genetics)
- ... It is very important for the application of chloroplast engineering to extend the range of species in which this technology can be achieved. Here, we describe the development of a chloroplast transformation system for the sugar beet (Beta vulgaris L. ssp. vulgaris, Sugar Beet Group) by biolistic bombardment of leaf petioles. Homoplasmic plastid-transformed plants of breeding line Z025 were obtaine ...