Jump to Main Content
- Fan, Baoliang; Li, Ning
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 99-112
- antibacterial proteins; beta-casein; gene expression; gene fusion; goat milk; mice; peptides; recombinant fusion proteins; synthetic genes; transfection; transgenic animals; transport proteins
- ... We have designed and synthesized a gene encoding a fusion protein comprising Magainin2 and a carrier protein with the aim of screening for a suitable carrier protein expressing antibacterial peptides in the mammalian expression system. The antibacterial peptide Magainin2 was used as a model. Our results on mammalian cell expression showed that there was no exceptional splicing in the transfected C ...
- Jha, Sanjay; Tank, Harsukh G.; Prasad, Bishun Deo; Chattoo, Bharat B.
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 59-69
- Agrobacterium; Dahlia; Magnaporthe oryzae; Oryza sativa; Thanatephorus cucumeris; disease resistance; gene expression; pathogens; rice; transgenic plants
- ... Magnaporthe oryzae and Rhizoctonia solani, are among the most important pathogens of rice, severely limiting its productivity. Dm-AMP1, an antifungal plant defensin from Dahlia merckii, was expressed in rice (Oryza sativa L. sp. indica cv. Pusa basmati 1) using Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation. Expression levels of Dm-AMP1 ranged from 0.43% to 0.57% of total soluble protein in tra ...